Hello, I know we are just meeting so I wanted to start out with something kind of old school and fun….like me 🙂
Remember when everyone posted their 25 Random Facts? I loved reading everyone’s facts!
This gave me the idea to apply it to running like I do most things in my life.
So here are my 25 Random Running Facts-
- I try and run 4-5 times per week.
- I have awful bunions and need surgery badly but I refuse to take the required 6 wks off after the surgery. I will wait till I can no longer stand the pain.
- I like to run no less than 6 miles every time I run. I am trying to be less OCD about this.
- I am super grumpy when I don’t get my run in.
- I am working on rehabbing my right leg-for good this time.
- I hope I can run until I am 80 (if I live that long).
- I admire every runner I see-fast , slow, male, female, young, old. I see someone running and just think, “Yes, they get it.”
- I love to run in Nike Frees. Most people in the running community will tell you they are the devil though.
- I LOVE the treadmill and would rather run on it than outside any day.
- I can’t stand running in shirts with sleeves.
- I have run every race distance but a 10k.
- I am a negative splitter.
- My proudest running moment was when a girl at the gym told me that another gym-goer (who happened to be a running coach) told her to “watch my stride and try running like her.”
- My least proud running moment was running the Disney marathon. I was hurt and should’ve opted out.
- I think my lack of confidence hurts my running sometimes.
- The running injury I am most terrified of is plantar fasciitis. It just seems near impossible to beat.
- I dislike every other form of cardio except running. This makes cross training a bear or a cross to bear if you will 😉
- I love to run in tight fitting clothing for comfort but it can make me self conscious.
- I didn’t start running until the age of 27. I never exercised at all prior to that.
- I get extremely nervous before races and can’t seem to find a way to channel it in a positive way.
- I cannot run without music.
- I would love to find a running partner.
- I hate hill running even though I know it is a great way to improve.
- My # 1 running goal above all else is to stay healthy.
- My other running goal is to break 22 minutes for a 5k.
Tell me a few of your random running facts!!