I am sure you have all seen lists that people compile before a milestone birthday. Well, I am not sure how in the heck this happened but I turned 40 today! Yikes!!
Anyway, at the Rehoboth half, I was running behind a girl wearing a 30 before 30 shirt. I’m sure you have seen this before. Her shirt listed 30 things she wanted to do before turning 30.
I decided, “Hey, I want to jump on that bandwagon too”!
So I started a list and man do I love a list. But, I realized that 40 things before 40 was A LOT of things to come up, and accomplish. So, I settled on 40 things during the year I am 40! Some of the things are really quite silly but it’s my list 😉
- Run a sub 22 minute 5k. My current PR is 23:34.
- Read Little Women– just downloaded it. Not loving it but going to try and keep on reading.
- Go hiking-Accomplished! Hiked in Acadia National Park in Maine
- Try stand up paddle boarding
- Celebrate my 40th somewhere other than Delaware. Thinking Vegas! Yup, celebrated it in Vegas.
- Take a trip to Gettysburg- Going for Halloween weekend!
- Be able to do more than one pull up.
- Attend a November Project work out.
- Attend a play-Saw 2 this year and loved them. Hoping to see Book of Mormon.
- Improve my softball fielding skills-been working on it!
- Go to a day spa.
- Volunteer at a race.
- Do more things with my nephew-He is almost 10 and I don’t want to miss out on spending time with him.
- Go white water rafting.
- Stop stressing so much-I find that I am always stressing something be it-work, my running, or some other nonsense. It is just not healthy!
- Improve my self confidence.
- Plan a trip outside of the country.
- Improve my back issues.
- Do more yoga-see above.
- Learn to let go of negative feelings.
- Stay at a Bed and Breakfast.
- Improve my geography skills.
- Stop with all the sugar- Total work in progress
- Try to complain less-Negativity begets negativity.
- Grow in my profession-I’m not talking about a change; I just think in my profession you need to constantly strive for growth and improvement.
- Save more money-this will always be a goal.
- Pay my car off-I have never been without a car payment.
- Learn to love the holidays-I could write a whole post on the reasons for this, but my lack of enthusiasm affects others so I will try!
- Cook at home more often.
- Attend a comedy show.
- Do some redecorating.
- Re-do flower beds in front of house.
- Drink more water.
- Learn to speak Spanish.
- Take more pictures and not worry about how I look in them.
- Talk less and listen more.
- Buy a sectional- this better have happened when I look back next year.
- Complete a running program.
- PR a half marathon.
- Reduce all or nothing thinking.
I can’t wait to look back on this a year from now and see how I did!!